Are you looking for an opportunity to give back to your community? Volunteering with Spay and Stay can be a rewarding experience. There are many ways you can help support our mission of trap, neuter, return.
- Help caretakers to set traps, check traps and/or hold cats prior to surgery day (occasional)
- Transport cats in their covered traps to and from their vet appointments for caretakers who cannot drive them (occasional)
- Provide shelter to cats recovering from surgery; 1-2 days in a garage is needed. Provide transport back to their colony (occasional)
- Transport supplies from the Hainesville office to three Lake County veterinary clinics (2-3 times/ month)
- Wash adoption events linen (weekly); Wash adoption event cages (monthly)
- Assist with winter shelter building (fall). See our events page for dates.
- Assist with adoption events (2-3 time/month)
- Lend traps to caretakers and teach them trapping skills (ongoing)
Other volunteer activities
Fundraising is crucial to paying for the veterinary care of cats . There are several activities that can be done at your own pace or in your own home to help Spay and Stay raise funds. See our Events for dates of activities.
- Volunteering for our annual Garage Sale is a great way to meet other volunteers. Assist with sorting, pricing and aiding customers.
- Are you a good writer or researcher? Grant writing assistance is welcome year round as grant cycles open up.
- Spay and Stay annual Holiday Market needs crafters, vendors, publicity and setup/teardown. If you are a crafter or know someone who is we’d like to hear from you.
- Design flyers of adoptable cats for adoption events and posting on adoption websites (year round) or help with newsletter layout and text.
- Ask a local business to place an attractive Spay and Stay donation can on their counter. You will be responsible to monitor the can and submit the donations back to our office.
- Educate others about the benefits of trap, neuter, return through community events at libraries, park districts, farmer’s markets, etc. All materials are provided to you.
- Pet food donations are always welcomed by our caretakers. It eases their financial burden if they are feeding many cats. Contact our office to learn how and where you can donate wet and dry food.
Apply to Volunteer
If any of these activities interest you and you'd like to help Spay and Stay help the cats, complete and sign the volunteer application and fax, mail or email it to us. Please allow up to a week for a response. We have limited resources available to handle requests, but we will contact you and we thank you for your interest.