Spay and Stay works with compassionate individuals and local governments to humanely control the growth of the feral cat population in Lake County, Illinois using trap-neuter-return. We link people who care for feral cats with five veterinary clinics in the area to perform spay/neuter surgeries.
How We Work
- Call us at 847–289–4557 or e-mail us at email@example.com to reach one of our volunteers to see if your cats are eligible for our program. (If they are not eligible, we will refer you to a group that can help.) Do not trap cats before contacting Spay and Stay.
- Complete the caretaker registration form and fax, e-mail or mail it to us.
- Once your caretaker registration form has been confirmed by Spay and Stay, we will call you to arrange:
- Borrowing a Spay and Stay trap
- Scheduling an appointment with one of our veterinarians.
Need more information? Read about the Spay and Stay process.
Remember, we cannot accept cats that have been trapped before you contact us.
Save the date for our upcoming "All for the Cats" garage sale!
May 17 and 18
7 am to 5 pm
1821 Cascade Dr.
Turtle Bay in Gregg's Landing
We need these items:
electronics, tools, bikes, sporting goods, toys, furniture, appliances, housewares, collectibles, clothing (for children and men only)
PetSmart Charities® Awards Spay and Stay Grant for Project Fixin’ Waukegan
PetSmart Charities® has generously awarded Spay and Stay a grant to spay/neuter, vaccinate, and microchip 750 free-roaming/stray/feral cats at no cost to registered colony caretakers in Waukegan, extending through July 1, 2013.
Interested Waukegan residents can register their colony by completing the caretaker registration form or going to Waukegan Animal Control, 1698 N. McAree Rd, Waukegan for registration forms. For more information call Spay and Stay at 847-289-4557.