How You Can Help
Looking for a way to humanely reduce the feral cat population in your neighborhood? Interested in changing the way your local government treats feral and stray cats? Join us!
Volunteer with Spay and Stay
Spay and Stay is successful because so many people volunteer their time to help us carry out our mission. There are many ways you can help, from educating the public to working in our office. If you'd like to help us help the cats, fill out and sign a volunteer application and fax, mail or email it to us.
Become a Caretaker
Are you feeding feral cats? Become a registered caretaker and you'll be able to take advantage of our programs. You will learn about health issues regarding feral and stray cats and find out what it takes to be a good caretaker of your feral cat colony.
Six Ways You Can Help
- Mentor new caretakers by answering questions, encouraging them to keep trapping, offer tips.
- Manage a coin can(s), check it monthly or more often, send a check for the money to S&S office
- Bring your energy to plan or implement fundraisers with a working committee or Board of Directors
- Donate cat food and unused cat shelters or electric water dishes to fellow caretakers.
- Distribute door hangers in public places in your community.
- Transport to vet/aftercare for cats whose caretakers cannot it.
You can help end feline homelessness by adopting a kitten or cat that has been taken in by a Spay and Stay caretaker or foster family. All kitties live in Lake County, Illinois homes and are sterilized and up-to-date on rabies and distemper vaccination. See our adoptable cats on Petfinder and complete the Adoption Application. You will be contacted within a day about when and where to meet your forever fuzzy friend.